Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Girls








I don't mean to be melodramatic but I guess everyone has the right to be every once in a while. I will admit I am bummed. Today at 4:30 I have to take my childhood friend and dog Poster to be put down. He has been sick for a while, his legs are weak from arthritis and his poor body is covered with lymphoma tumors. He is old and I believe it is his time but that doesn't change the fact that it hurts to let him go. I am dreading the next few hours when I will have to coax him into my car, walk him into a building where he will be told by my voice that things will be okay then without his knowledge be put to sleep for good... I feel like I am betraying his friendship. He has always been nothing but loyal and forgiving. I can honestly say he is the sweetest creature to have walked the earth. I remember when I was younger Ashley Jensen and I took him to the river to play, I walked out into the middle of the running water and Poster began to panic, he then grabbed my shorts and pulled me out of the river, he was scared for my safety. He loves unlike most people have the capacity to.

I am posting images of some of my favorite people. Natalie, Melanie and Claire. I can be myself with these girls and know that I am safe with them. They are amazing, real, beautiful girls and I am so blessed to have them in my life. I had such a blast photographing them, they put up with my cranky attitude when my camera broke and dealt with me while I gathered my brains. I know times like these make me continue with a content heart and mind. Good people in life make the bad times bearable and short. I am so grateful that the Lord has answered my prayers these past months and I have these kinds of people to share my life with.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Jess I am soo soo sorry to hear of your loss, if there is anything I can do for you let me know. I am going to miss that dog too. I wish I could take all of his sores away and make him healthy and strong again. When we put my childhood dog to sleep my dad said something to me that made me feel much better about the situation. he said "You can take comfort in knowing that she is getting to run and jump and play now, in a warm and grass filled paradise" If you need a shoulder to cry on, I am here.

Sheila said...

I am so sorry Sweetie.

saraH said...

Jess, I remember when Poster jumped in the river to save you, it was soooo cute of him. I miss him...I'm sorry for your loss I love you.