Monday, January 5, 2009

So if anyone knows me they know I don't go anywhere without a little notebook in my purse. I have this obsession with writing down everything and nothing. I was feeling a bit dry for ideas and decided to flip through old books to steal ideas from my past-self.
I found this quote I jotted down and wanted to share it.
I copied it from the book, ''Writing Down the Bones''.

"Our lives are at once ordinary and mythical. We live and die, age beautifully or full of wrinkles. We wake in the morning, buy yellow cheese, and hope we have enough money to pay for it. At the same instant we have these magnificent hearts that pump through all sorrow and all winters we are alive on this earth. We are important and our lives are important, magnificent really, and their details are worthy to be recorded... We were here; we are human beings; this is how we lived. Let it be known, the earth passed before us. Our details are important. Otherwise, if they are not, we cab drop a bomb and it doesn't matter."

I liked this when I read it 3 years ago and I like it even more today.

I am a crap writer and even worse at spelling but I love that I am able to record the little bits and experience I pass through with a camera. I hope that this woman's words inspire you to make your presence known, and the small and simple things are just as important as the big, loud experiences.

I wrote this list about this time last year.

I absolutely adore:

Poster's face. A song I never tire of. Toast with warm butter. Being able to just fall asleep. Indian food. Oliver's interpretation of my name. Little Jimmy's kisses. My back being scratched for long periods of time. New love for hot wings. New sketch books. Being understood. Hidden gem friendships. Finding those who poses the lost art of sincerity. Floral patterns. The flood of new ideas and my pen there to help me with them. The color of my room.