Wednesday, July 29, 2009

New Post Of Old Work


These are some old images I did for a still life class at Art Center.  It actually turned out to be a pretty fun project and have been thinking of revisiting and expanding on it.  I didn't use photoshop on any of these.  I would cut images and manually layer them to create shadow and depth.  (now that I look back I should have just used photoshop but I really enjoyed staying up late cutting tiny tiny birds out and making mini balloons out of clay to create dimension to everyday worlds.

So here you go.







3 comments:

wayne said...

jess, these are soooo awesome. the fact that you didn't use PS is the best part. it's easy to spot a PS drop shadow from a mile away. doing things 'analog' creates nuances that not even the most seasoned pixel pusher could ever create.

Kat Clark said...

I remember freaking out about these images a long time ago. They are seriously so incredible and I can't believe you didn't use photoshop! You're my hero.

Sabine said...

I remember those! As beautiful as ever!