Thursday, December 9, 2010

One of the reasons I do what I do


I just spent the last 4 hours of my life fumbling through one hard drive after another looking for certain needed images.  I can not believe how many photographs I have taken over the years... although most of them are rubbish I have stumbled across a few little frames that fill me with gratitude that I was able to catch and keep that moment.  Right now my desktop is full of at least 100 of those moments that have been pulled from hard drives tonight, unfortunately they will sit there for a few days only to be put back onto another hard drive and forgotten about.

Maybe I will post them randomly...

It's fascinating how many details of a memory can be surfaced by a hint of a smell, a word, a taste or a tiny visual reminder.  This image above is from a day I spent with D, a close friend of mine, in this one moment I was trying to take a picture of the light through my hair, after this frame she then took the camera from my hand and took a few shots (but mine turned out better)... I loved that day so much.  I loved the house I was living in at the time, I was the happiest there I have ever been in my life.  That same day I took engagement photos and D assisted me, we used the chalkboard I made, I loved photographing that chalkboard.  I miss that house so much, I miss spending time with D and miss the sunshine during that time of year.  That same day we just hung around, being ourselves with each other because I can be my purest self with her and she with me.

...a lot can be kept in a second if recorded.  I am grateful for the tools to do so.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love this post, and totally can envision every moment of it in your writing. Like your photo graph's you are soo good with your words too. I miss you both

kimberly said...

lovely photo and lovely thoughts. thanks for sharing them because they are beautiful.