Monday, January 31, 2011

Dear Film, I like you.

I have been reacquainting myself with film again.  I don't think I was aware of how beautiful film really was.  For the past month I have been carrying my old Nikon FM 10 (my first camera) around with me with an old roll of Kodak Portra 400 VC (my favorite).  I wanted to have it for when the time was right.  I found myself shooting when the light was hitting someone just right and I wanted to make sure I had it for myself.  I am really happy I have given film a second chance, there really is something special about it, the tiny imperfections from the dust spots and negative scratches to the grain from pushing too far.
Film feels more precious, I was only shooting one shot of each frame so I wanted to make sure it was a nice one.
Breakfast with Bobbie
Max took a bite of my dinner and thought he had gotten away with it...
Ben
showing off my new instax
the chalkboard after the bday party 

Yep, I like film. 

6 comments:

Abby Rose said...

Little Jimmy is a stud.
I like your chalkboard

Lou said...

these make me happy

kylee said...

film really is the best.

Dragonfly said...

That girl, Pearl, she's so damn beautiful!

Marshal said...

Quick question, what film scanner do you use?

Jessica Peterson said...

I had it scanned at the print lab... not sure what they use.