Friday, November 18, 2011

Estate sales are kinda great

I have never been to an estate sale but this morning I wanted to do something new.  Luckily there was one just a few blocks from my house.  The home was super old and cute, pink carpet and closets of knitted pink sweaters and blankets.  Most of what I found were small items; lace, buttons, rolls of floral paper, a milk glass goblet, a sweet rolling 1970's bag and a vintage tv dinner tray... But the real score was a 1960's Kodak Instamatic 100 camera with a roll of film inside (and it still works!)
Guess how much all of these items cost me...  20 dollars.

I am not going to lie, I think I might have a new weekend vice.



5 comments:

Sarah said...

I will come with you

Sharon Johnson said...

Oh my. Can I come play?

haha, just noticed other comment : ) Estate sale party!

The Houseplant Chronicles said...

That's awesome! I've got some awesome estate sale finds in our house! It's a ton of fun!

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome things.

I started going to estate sales a few months and some of them are glorified yard sales but others... oh my gosh.

I got a huge box of 70s/80s fabric remnants for $5.

I bought a silk box of old thread spools.

Tonnes of amazing glass ware and what not.

There was one estate sale that was so huge I was blown away, we went day days in a row and you would have loved it. The guy that had died was a professional photographer and they had tonnes of camera equipment, being such a rookie I had no idea what to even do with half of it. If I ever come across anything else like it I'll definitely let you know.

:)

Amy said...

Love all that stuff! Good score!