Friday, January 28, 2011

Photo Tip Friday: Shoot What You Love

I am going to start posting little "Jessica's photo tips on Friday's".  I think it will be fun for me to think about photography a little more, why I do it, what I have learned and what I want to learn.  I hope it will be fun for you too.  Today is just about shooting for fun, shooting what you love.  I feel like sometimes I get caught up in the "what" to shoot and when I can't think of anything different or exciting I end up not photographing anything at all.  Sometimes it is nice to just relax, have fun and shoot for yourself.  For me, I am big on cataloging my life, I love photographing the people in my life, the small things that make me tick, and things that I find beautiful and would like to share. I like keeping my moments for longer than a moment.
 Below are a few images I shot this morning:

Pearl
The newest hand for my collection of hands, you can never have enough hands. 
and of course... my sweet pup Max, I adore his loving nature

Anyway, that is my little piece of advice, shoot what you love, the more honest you are about your subject matter the more honest your images will be and other people will pick up on that. 
Let me know what you think, if you have advice for me I would love to hear it as well.

4 comments:

An Invitation said...

I love following your pictures and am excited to get tips every week. Thanks for sharing!

Brittany @ The Aubergine Notebook said...

great advice! that's what matthew jordan smith said at his presentation @ imaging. i think it does make all the difference to shoot something you are passionate about or find inspiring.

Kiera said...

Ohh, now I will look forward to Fridays. :) Maybe you should discuss how one goes about being published in fabulous magazines...

Angela said...

your pictures of max are so irresistible!